Micromax has just launched the cheapest octa-core smartphone in India with a 13-megapixel camera called the Canvas Xpress 2 for Rs 5,999. The budget smartphone comes across as quite a value for money package as far as the sub Rs 6,000 price range goes. Micromax has been facing a lot of competition in the budget smartphone range but it has been taking the competitors head on by launching a slew of budget devices.
There’s a 1.4GHz octa-core processor under the hood coupled with 1GB of RAM. The display is a 5-inch unit with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. The internal storage of the device is 8GB which can be expanded by another 32GB. The device will be sold through the flash sales model exclusively on Flipkart for which the registrations will commence today at 6pm. Let us take a look at the specifications of the device:
Micromax Canvas Xpress 2 specifications
- 5-inch IPS display, 1280 x 720 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat, upgradeable to Android 5.0 Lollipop
- MT6592M chipset, 1.4GHz octa-core CPU, Mali-450 GPU,
- 8GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 32GB)
- 13-megapixel rear camera, dual LED flash, OmniVision sensor, 5P largan lens and Blue lens filter
- 2-megapixel front camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and dual SIM
- 2,500 mAh battery
It will be available in black colour with golden finish.